John N. Leamon Museum - Ye Olde Stone Barn

107.jpg
107.jpg
108.jpg
The Museum occupies a stone building, constructed in 1820 (approximate) and first owned by Charles Cozens, the town's largest landowner at the time, whose firm eventually went bankrupt some years later. The Brigus Historical and Conservation Society purchased the stone barn in 1987, and reconstructed it from 1988 to 1991. As much of the original materials were used as possible. The Society maintains and displays artefacts and archival photographs explaining the history of Brigus.

Admission: $1.00 Adult, $0.50 Child

Listing Details

Address
4 Magistrate's Hill, Brigus, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, A0A 1K0
Telephone
709-527-3011(In Season) / 709-576-7622 (Off Season)
Fax
709-527-3011(In Season) / 709-576-7622 (Off Season)
E-mail
Hours
10 am - 6 pm daily from June 1 to Labour Day By appointment from Labour day to end of September.
Map
Driving Directions