Lillian Stevenson Nursing Archives and Museum
Located on the Victoria and Alexander wing of the L.A. Miller Centre, the institution is dedicated to the preservation of nursing history in the province and the history of the General Hospital School of Nursing which was established in 1903. The museum is named after Lillian Stevenson, RN, who graduated from the General Hospital School of Nursing in 1921 and accepted the position of operating room nurse at the same hospital. The main exhibit area recreates a period hospital ward, including various hospital beds, nursing uniforms dating from 1906, nursing certificates and pins, as well as a variety of diagnostic instruments, functional aids and models, and obstetrical and gynecological instruments. The archive consists of the Lillian Stevenson and Mary M. Southcott Collections, which consists of personal papers and photographs, as well as official hospital records and nurse reports and minutes.
Dr. Leonard A. Miller Centre, 100 Forest Road, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, A1E 1B3
709 777 7682
Thursdays from 2.00 to 4.00 pm and By Appointmen