George C. Harris Museum

40.jpg
The Museum is located in George C. Harris House, designated a heritage structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador. A typical Queen Anne structure, it was built in 1908 by local merchant George Harris. The building received the Manning Award in 1994 and the Southcott Award in 1996. As a Museum of Local History, exhibits portray domestic life and cultural pursuits of the community in the period of the bank fishery, 1881-1954. Interpreters are in period costume.

Location: 16 Water Street, Grand Bank; 2 hours from TCH at Goobies following route 220

Guided tours

Admission: free

Giftshop

Listing Details

Address
56 Main Street, Grand Bank, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, A0E 1W0
Telephone
709-832-1574
Fax
709-832-1636
E-mail
Hours
July 1 to September 30, 10:00 am to 8:00 pm daily
Map
Driving Directions