Livyer's Lot Museum

The complex consists of two structures, one housing an interpretation centre, gift shop, and a tea house which serves traditional Newfoundland cuisine and beverages. The museum itself is housed in a restored house which was constructed in 1911 on Port Elizabeth Island in Placentia Bay and was transported to nearby Red Harbour during the area’s 1969 resettlement program. It was later moved to its current location and was restored to represent the lifestyles of 1900-1950 western Placentia Bay communities. The museum consists of a kitchen, pantry, sitting room and bedrooms, complete with furnishings and domestic artifacts relative to the early twentieth century. Other themes expressed include the Placentia Bay inshore fishery, carpentry, and resettlement.

Location: 1 km south of the Boat Harbour Junction along the Burin Peninsula Highway, Route 210

Admission: Free, donations accepted

Gift shop

Listing Details

Address
P.O.Box 76, Boat Harbour West, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, A0E 1C0
Telephone
709-443-2550; off-season 709-443-2632
Fax
709-443-2305
E-mail
Hours
June 1 to October 31, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm daily; off-season tours available upon request
Map
Driving Directions