Print |  Close this window

Salvage Fishermen’s Museum

Address
52 Mountain View Road, Salvage, A0G 3X0, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Telephone
(709) 677-2659
E-mail
Hours
Mid-June to Labour Day, daily, 9.30 am to 7.30 pm; off-season by appointment
Located on the most easterly point of the Eastport peninsula, Salvage is the oldest community in the region. The Museum is in a converted house which was built in 1860 by Charles Lane. Its collection is comprised of early fishing equipment, tools and domestic artifacts reflecting the community’s history. Highlights include a 200-year-old candlestick, a teacher’s log book dated 1920 and an old curling iron.

Wheelchair accessible

Archive

Giftshop

Washroom facilities
Print |  Close this window