Salvage Fishermen’s Museum

Located on the most easterly point of the Eastport peninsula, Salvage is the oldest community in the region. The Museum is in a converted house which was built in 1860 by Charles Lane. Its collection is comprised of early fishing equipment, tools and domestic artifacts reflecting the community’s history. Highlights include a 200-year-old candlestick, a teacher’s log book dated 1920 and an old curling iron.

Wheelchair accessible

Archive

Giftshop

Washroom facilities

Listing Details

Address
52 Mountain View Road, Salvage, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, A0G 3X0
Telephone
(709) 677-2659
E-mail
Hours
Mid-June to Labour Day, daily, 9.30 am to 7.30 pm; off-season by appointment
Map
Driving Directions